Enliven Wellness Works is hiring for the position of Wellness Specialist to assist a local college’s Wellness Program. We are in search of a student or recent graduate majoring in a health related field (Exercise Science, Wellness Promotion, Dietetics, Public Health, etc). Tremendous opportunity for experience & growth.
The Wellness Specialist will assist a local college’s Wellness Coordinator in performing technical and administrative tasks relating to the development, implementation, coordination, promotion, and evaluation of their employee wellness programs. The position will assist with a variety of worksite wellness programs at different college locations in Pinellas County, FL. This position requires independent judgment, creative thinking, and physical performance.
Pay: $15 per hour/ 30 hours a week
- Responsible for supporting the college Wellness Coordinator in planning, promoting, and coordinating the college employee wellness program.
- Assists with report preparation which includes gathering and compiling statistics; reviewing and analyzing data.
- Assists with the preparation, distribution, and maintenance of publicity materials such as flyers, newsletters, and bulletin boards.
- Tracks wellness program participation and completions.
- Communicates with local health and wellness related agencies.
- Supports disease management and clinical intervention programs that are led by outside agencies.
- Assists with wellness presentations and events at each campus.
- Builds and maintains a relationship with fitness based instructors and participating employees.
- Collaborates with the college Wellness Advisory Board on wellness programming.
- Provides top customer service to all employees by addressing employee concerns and inquiries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Adheres to established guidelines for purpose of preventing/minimizing injuries and accidents.
- Ability to creatively plan and execute various health and wellness programs and activities.
Knowledge , Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of health and wellness education.
- Knowledge and understanding of health insurance programs and their relationship to wellness.
- Knowledge of fitness, nutrition, health promotion and chronic disease management.
- Skill in developing, organizing and delivering training and educational programs.
- Skill in use of a variety of computer equipment and software.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees, managers, vendors and the public.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain business relationships with vendors, corporations, government agencies, and employees.
- Ability to interface with physicians, researchers, individuals, and other health professionals.
- Ability to conduct special studies, analyze and report results and make recommendations.
- Understanding and adherence to an integrated model of health, fitness, and well-being.
- AS or AA, in Health, or wellness related degree required
- BS or BA, in Health, or wellness related degree (completed or in progress) preferred
- Experience in health promotion, health coaching, fitness, and/or corporate wellness programs
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Windows, PowerPoint, and internet research
Essential Physical Skills
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently needed to move object.
- Performance of duties require the occasional long distance walking, standing, bending, kneeling, stretching, pulling, pushing, and reaching. This skill set would be in conjunction with the participation in wellness based events.
- Completes administrative work in office environment.
- Participate in the occasional wellness based events and programs in outdoor environments.
- Primarily Monday thru Friday with varying hours. Flexibility is required with daily shifts due to varying program offerings.
- Local travel, in personal vehicle, is required to various worksites