If you remember singing along to “…I’d like to teach the world to sing, in per-fect har-mo-ney….”, then you’ll enjoy celebrating this week with us. Better than Christmas because it’s ‘random’! No expectations, no rushing around, no demands, no budget. Just RANDOM. Don’tworry, we’re not going to start singing Kumbaya. But hey, those were good times, after all. And who doesn’t like a good song – or a kind act – to make their day? #RAKweek2015
Although the attached materials are created to engage children, handwashing is not just for kids. This article, among many others too-easily-found when you Google ‘adult handwashing habits’, is a sad dose of reality for those of us who DO wash our hands. Interestingly, 95% of people claim they wash their hands before leaving the bathroom, but take a look at the REAL numbers as people are being secretly watched. Hmmmm.
So, it seems extremely relevant that we support National Handwashing Awareness Week to remind people about how handwashing can reduce the the spread of colds, diarrhea and many other infectious diseases. And while you’re downloading and printing these flyers for the kiddos, maybe you’d like to print another one or two & take them to the office. Be part of the solution!
The 4 Principles of Hand Awareness:
1. WASH your hands when they are dirty and BEFORE eating.
2. DO NOT cough into your hands.
3. DO NOT sneeze into your hands.
4. Above all, DO NOT put your fingers into your eyes, nose, or mouth.
The 4 Principles of Hand Awareness have been endorsed by the AMA and AAFP
On December 5, 2014, join us in recognizing all volunteers’ commitment and applaud hundreds of millions of people who volunteer to make change happen. More of a celebration than a call to action, this event is all about touting the special people that give so much of themselves on behalf of others.
In the run up to December 5th this year, social media will be an active platform for promoting and recognizing volunteers and volunteer action. Below are a list of activities and useful tools to help staff in spreading the word.
1. Social media conversations: UNV on Twitter and Facebook will be posting regular content in the lead up to IVD. Please keep a look out for these: retweet and repost as much as possible. You can also tweet and post links on information that is on the http://www.volunteeractioncounts.org website. Some sample tweets for your own local accounts (to be translated by you or by online volunteers) are:
- Celebrate #volunteering! Tell us how you will #makechangehappen on International Volunteer Day #IVD2014 on 5 December! #actioncounts
- How do you #volunteer and #makechangehappen? Tell us using #actioncounts & share your story via http://volunteeractioncounts.org/en
- International Volunteer Day #IVD2014 is a day to recognize & celebrate volunteers around the world on 5 December & everyday #actioncounts
- To sum it up, every volunteer action counts! Submit a story via http://volunteeractioncounts.org/en/ & tell us how you will celebrate #IVD2014 5 December.
- Thank you, #volunteers, for all that you do! The world counts on you, & your stories inspire us: http://volunteeractioncounts.org/en/ #actioncounts #IVD2014
- RT if you are a #volunteer who is making every action count! #actioncounts #makechangehappen #IVD2014
- RT if you will be celebrating International Volunteer Day #IVD2014 #makechangehappen #actioncounts http://www.volunteeractioncounts.org/en/
2. Ways to engage online volunteers:
- Organize and implement a tweetathon (communicate tidbits and “happenings” in real time).
- Map all on-site and online volunteers in your country to graphically show volunteers’ presence nationwide.
- Create infographics to easily convey the meaning of volunteers’ statistics and their projects’.
- Design an e-card about IVD to be shared with other UN agencies and NGOs.
- Pictivism – changing your Facebook profile picture for a cause: on December 5, volunteers, and Volunteer Involving Organizations will put up the IVD logo as their Facebook/
- Twitter profile picture to promote the IVD brand.
- Selfie campaign (One Week Before) – We ask volunteers to post pictures with their volunteer experience on Social Media platforms using #Hashtags: #makechangehappen, #IVD2014, #actioncounts.
- Volunteer challenge – nominate friends, family, co-workers, colleagues, etc. to participate in possible volunteer activities in their communities.
April 26, 2014 – April 26, 2014
460 46th Ave N.
9th annual Alchemy Fest returns to St. Petersburg to celebrate music, art, magic and Mother Earth.
Live Music • Arts and Crafts • Organic Vendor Marketplace • Games and Activities • Raffle Prizes
Alchemy Fest is a family-friendly event featuring live music, interactive arts and crafts, food, an organic vendor marketplace, kids games and activities, dance performances, yoga, meditation, massage, workshops, magic and more! Bring the whole family and enjoy a beautiful day packed with music, art, education and fun!
There will be seven “Transformation Stations” set up throughout the event. To be entered to win the grand prize, containing donations from our sponsors and vendors, attendees must visit all stations and submit their completed “Green Cards” before the end of the day!
Check out the photos and video from last year’s event: http://integralchurch.wordpress.com/2013/04/28/alchemy-fest-2013-a-huge-success-in-st-petersburg/
Photos by Shanna Gillette
What: Alchemy Fest 9
When: Saturday, April 26; Noon – 6 p.m.
Where: First Unity Campus, 460 46th Ave. N., St. Petersburg, 33703
Who: Bands and performances to be announced
Tickets: $8 before 3/28, $10 in advance at enlivenwellnessworks.com, $12 at the door, Kids 10 and under Free.
More Info: Parking available on 46th Ave. N., all ages, plenty of parking and restrooms, stroller and wheelchair-friendly
RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/661768430510307/
Sponsors/Vendors confirmed for the 2013 event so far include:
Financial Services for Florida
Enliven Wellness Works
Geraldson Community Farm
Shambhala of St. Petersburg
Thank You, Mama
Number 9 Salon
BE A SPONSOR OR VENDOR:
Want to be included in our advertising and social media campaigns?
Would you like in-person access to over 600 Tampa Bay residents, parents and families, who enjoy entertainment, arts and crafts, pets, shopping local, urban farming, music, spirituality/self-improvement, health and wellness, outdoor activities and sustainability?
Deadline: Applications must be received by Friday, March 14.
Please contact Christa Leonard at (727) 512-4535 or email email@example.com to participate.
WANT TO VOLUNTEER?
There are plenty of volunteer opportunities at Alchemy Fest, including setup, check-in, ticket sales, security and more. Please e-mail Catherine St. John at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!
* lineup and schedule subject to change
Lynne McTaggart: Best-Selling Author of The Field, The Bond, The Intention Project and What Doctors Don’t Tell You
Enliven Wellness Works is proud to be a sponsor of this exciting event! Come see Lynn McTaggart, author of the international bestsellers, The Bond, The Field and The Intention Experiment, editor of the wellness journal What Doctors Don’t Tell You, and the world’s foremost expert on the science of intention.
Scientific discoveries over the past century have led to the realization that our visible world is part of a vast sea of invisible energies that link everything in the universe. The human mind and body, rather than being separate from the environment, are a power center that is constantly interacting with this field of quantum energies and influences.
The implications are enormous — consciousness and intention are central in shaping your world.
On Friday, September 20, Lynne will appear at HCC (Dale Mabry Campus) to discuss how we can bridge the worlds of science and spirit, and announce the launch of the first Intention Project in Tampa Bay! She will build on her discoveries to offer a radical new blueprint for living a more harmonious, prosperous and connected life.
Topics will include:
- Bridging the worlds of science and spirit
- Moving past competition
- Enjoying close relationships
- Achieving a more connected family, workplace and community
- Becoming a powerful agent of change – in Tampa Bay & Beyond
Who: Lynne McTaggart – Best-Selling Author of The Field, The Bond, The Intention Experiment andWhat Doctors Don’t Tell You
When: Friday, September 20; 7 – 9 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m.
Where: Hillsborough Community College
Student Services Building Auditorium, Room 111
4001 W. Tampa Bay Blvd. Tampa, Florida 33614-7820
How Much: STUDENT: $15*, $30 in advance, $40 at the door. * requires student ID at Will Call
More: Sponsored by The Connection Partners, Integral Church, Enliven Wellness Works, Inkwood Books and Creative Loafing
ABOUT LYNNE McTAGGART
Lynne McTaggart is one of the central voices in the new consciousness movement. She is the the award-winning author of six books, including the worldwide bestsellers The Field, The Intention Experiment and The Bond, all in 30 languages. The Bond was awarded Science Book of the 2012 by the Nautilus Book Awards. (http://www.thebond.net/)
As editorial director of What Doctors Don’t Tell You (http://www.wddty.com/), she publishes one of the world’s most highly praised health magazines and hosts highly popular health and spirituality teleconferences and workshops.
Lynne is also the architect of the Intention Experiments, a web-based ‘global laboratory’, testing the power of intention to heal the world (http://
Lynne has also appeared in many well-known documentaries on the new consciousness, including I Am, The Living Matrix and What The Bleep Do We Know!? Down the Rabbit Hole.
In May 2013 she was voted “Spiritual Writer of the Year” by Kindred Spirit magazine.
Other Articles: http://odewire.com/109014/
For up to date information check the facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/531027030279166/
Alchemy Fest is our 8th annual family-friendly festival celebrating music, art, magic and Mother Earth – presented by Thank You Mama.
When: Sunday, April 21 – 1 – 6 p.m.
Where: First Unity Campus, 460 46th Ave. N., St. Petersburg, 33703
What: $8 in advance, $10 at the door
More: All ages, 10 and under Free, plenty of parking, stroller and wheelchair-friendly
Alchemy Fest is a family-friendly event featuring live music, arts and crafts, games and activities, dance performances, magic and more! This year, we’re expanding the festival to include an organic market and seed swap.
Here’s a fun little video that my daughter (Alchemy) and I put together to show you what Alchemy Fest is all about!
*** LIVE MUSIC ***
The Gita (reunion)
Rise of Saturn
Sons of Hippies
*** WORKSHOPS ***
“Awakening Your Inner Alchemist” by Dr. Sheri Rosenthal
“Ayurveda: What Is It? Who Are You?” by Denise O’Dunn.
Mark your calendar now! RSVP on FACEBOOK!
- Coloring by Thank You Mama (Transformation Station)
- Guided Meditation by Shambhala St. Petersburg (Transformation Station)
- Chair Massage by Enliven Wellness Works (Transformation Station)
- Hooping provided by Hoola Monsters (Transformation Station)
- Yoga with The Body Electric (Transformation Station)
- Dance with Hip Expressions (Transformation Station)
- Face painting and balloon twisting with Uptown Clowns (Transformation Station)
- Local, organic produce from Geraldson Community Farm
- Seed share by Pinellas Gardening Collective
- Live painting by Jennifer Kosharek
- Creative Loafing
- Mangia Gourmet
- Balance and Bliss
- Paper Street Market
- Heinz Hinrichs
- Florida Beer Company
- KIND Snacks
- Local Shops 1
- Negley Honey
- Nardo Brothers Natural
- True Hand cream
- Fred’s Finest Pet Treats
- Tree Dog Salsa
- Performance Enhancing Smoothies
- Gnarly Farms
- Sausage Laboratory
- Sunnyside Eggs
- Thai Yoga Massage and Stretch Therapy
- Origami Owl
- Gypsy Junque
- Integral Church
- Alternative Imagination
This year, there will be “Transformation Stations” set up throughout the event – including things like guided meditation, face painting, hula hooping, coloring, etc. Attendees will have the opportunity to visit all stations, collecting a stamp at each, and at the end of the day, completed forms will be entered to win the grand prize (containing donations from our sponsors and vendors)!
* lineup and schedule subject to change